Looking for an excuse to take a break from reality and escape into a less discovered country?
Want to go someplace new but feeling lazy to plan the trip on your own?
Curious to go behind the scenes and see how I work and travel full time?
Well, I’ve got real exciting news for you!
At Bel Around The World, I’ve always been telling tales of new adventures and inspiring to get out there on your own.
This year, I want to BRING YOU WITH ME!
I want to get to know you in person and share our common love of travel and exploration through a combination of our favourite things – city exploration, local food, nature, local experiences and most importantly, LOTS OF FUN and RELAXATION!
To keep things personalized and to get the chance to know you in person, I’m keeping this group small and intimate.
So mark your calendars, because we’re going to…
- SAINT PETERSBURG, RUSSIA!
- Highlights of the St. Petersburg, Russia tour
- What’s included in the St. Petersburg, Russia tour
- Who is this tour for?
- Why Russia?
- Is Russia safe?
- How big is the tour group?
- Are YOU the guide?
- What kind of hotels do we stay in?
- How do meals work?
- What if I’m traveling solo?
- What if the tour fills up before I can book?
- Am I too old/ young /out of shape for this tour?
- Where do I need to fly to?
- Do I need a visa to join the trip ?
- Where/ when do we meet?
- How will I get from the airport to the hotel?
- What’s NOT included in the tour?
- What will I need to bring?
SAINT PETERSBURG, RUSSIA!
This tour is one I’ve tweaked and customized with the help of a local tour expert in order to offer you a tour that I’m both excited to go on, and even more excited for you to experience.
Aside from travel tales, if you’re curious about how I am a full-time travel blogger, this is a rare opportunity to get a glimpse behind the scenes to see how I work while travelling and ask all your BURNING QUESTIONS.
Learn tips and tricks about being a full-time digital nomad, including digital marketing, SEO, blogging and social media management.
Highlights of the St. Petersburg, Russia tour
- Explore Saint-Petersburg, Tsars’ capital of Russia for hundreds of years, its palaces, museums, parks and canals. You will be stunned by its magnificence and its iconic elegance.
- Discover Petergof, Russian Tsars’ summer palace, one the most beautiful palace in the world.
- Explode your senses – You will discover a world of unknown delicious and tasty cuisines from Eastern Europe to Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Immerse yourself in the breath-taking Russia’s countryside, from Tsarist St Petersburg to medieval Vyborg. Be awed by the Russian vastness while sleeping in traditional Russian cottages and hiking in the wild
What’s included in the St. Petersburg, Russia tour
- 7 days of action-packed adventure, 6 nights of accommodation
- Daily exotic culinary experiences: 6 breakfast, 5 lunch, 6 dinner
- Transport for the whole duration of the tour
- Guided tours & entrance fees
- Guided treks in Russia’s nature (St Petersburg region)
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Russian classical music concert in one of the best music halls in the world
- Excursions in the afternoon of Day 3
*Price excludes international flights to Russia, travel insurance, visas or single supplement fee.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: BOOK FROM NOW TIL 14 MAY AT ONLY USD 1850!
Have questions about the tour?
Who is this tour for?
- Busy individuals who need an escape and would rather leave the planning and booking to the experts.
- Up-and-coming bloggers who want to refine their blogging/ digital marketing skills.
- Lovers of city exploration, off-the-beaten-path locations, nature and outdoors
- Lovers of food!
Russia is a fascinating country and the Russian culture is one the richest in the world. Linking Asia to Europe, Russia has always been an amalgamation of both cultures, making its two capitals very international and multicultural cities.
Tourism is about to rocket thanks to free e-visas in St Petersburg and it’s time to go now.
Is Russia safe?
Russia is one of the safest countries you can visit if you know where to go. Saint Petersburg and its surroundings is a really stable, peaceful and dynamic area.
Historically speaking, it’s one of the most open-minded and tolerant part of Russia, making the destination a lovely place for everyone.
How big is the tour group?
We’re keeping the group small and intimate, so no more than 10 people in the group.
Are YOU the guide?
NO, I will not be the one guiding this trip. Immersion will be providing us one of their professional local guides so we can both learn about Russia’s history and culture together! 🙂
I’ll still be traveling with you and be your best travel companion!
What kind of hotels do we stay in?
As the focus is on original and authentic experiences, we will mostly be staying in 3-4-star hotels and in one typical Russian cottage house during this trip. Unforgettable memories guaranteed!
How do meals work?
In this tour, you will discover a world of unknown delicious and tasty cuisines, including Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia. We will sample so many lovely recipes that you will enjoy and will never forget.
All meals are included and are part of the trip. You will see an amazingly wide variety of dishes, restaurant atmospheres and traditional dishes along the trip.
What if I’m traveling solo?
I’m usually a solo traveller when I go on tours like this, so don’t feel weird about it if you are too!
Since this is essentially a private tour, we will NOT be pairing up solo travellers into shared rooms like they do on their normal itineraries.
If you’re traveling solo and would like to have your own room, there’s a single supplement fee. If you’d like to share a room with another solo traveller of the same gender, I can try to help facilitate this, but can make no guarantees.
Whatever arrangements you prefer, please let us know BEFORE you book.
Note that spots are first-come-first-served basis for this tour!
What if the tour fills up before I can book?
If this happens, you will be on a wait list in case anyone has to cancel before final payments are due in July. I’ll send out more info about this if/when it becomes necessary via email.
Am I too old/ young /out of shape for this tour?
If you’re wondering whether this tour is right for you, I will say this: there is no upper age limit.
That said, travelling in Russia does require a certain level of physical fitness in order to fully enjoy it.
Some things we’ll be doing that involve physical fitness include:
- Hiking in the wild.
- Other outdoor activities in the wild
- Walking to the top of the St. Isaac’s Cathedral, which requires walking up some steps.
- Walking tour in Saint Petersburg requires being on foot for quite some time
- There will also be some days where we will spend 3-4 hours in a vehicle.
Accommodations will be made as much as possible.
Where do I need to fly to?
The tour starts and ends in Saint Petersburg, Russia, so Pulkovo International Airport is where you’ll need to fly to/from. Further instructions will be given upon confirmation of tour booking.
Do I need a visa to join the trip ?
Since October 2019, the whole area where the trip takes place is visa free for many nationalities. An e-visa is required but can be done for free, online and up to 4 days before your arrival in Russia.
For any questions about the visa process and situation in Russia, I invite you to contact Remi directly at [email protected] He has the most up-to-date information on this topic and will be glad to support you.
Where/ when do we meet?
We will meet at our starting hotel on 18 August 2020, in Saint Petersburg, Russia (you’ll get all the necessary hotel info once your booking is confirmed). The meeting will be at 6 p.m. on August 18 , meaning you’ll need to arrive earlier in the day, or the day before.
How will I get from the airport to the hotel?
You’ll get more details on this after you make a booking, but we can help arrange airport transfers for tour participants for an extra fee. (Taxis are also available, but pre-booking a transfer is what I will recommend for everyone! In Russia, it’s not that expensive and very comfortable).
What’s NOT included in the tour?
Things that are not covered in the price of the tour include:
- International flights to Pulkovo International Airport, Saint Petersburg
- Any visas required
- Airport transfers
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks with included lunches and dinners
- Tips for leaders, guides and driver
- Expenditure of personal nature
- Personal travel insurance
- Optional activities
What will I need to bring?
Full details about packing, preparing for the weather and more later after booking has been confirmed.
In general, Russia is a fairly affordable country and you will likely need much less than $200 for on-the-ground expenses including souvenirs and drinks.