I don’t know about you, but a huge part of the Maldives’ charm comes from the overwater villas in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Living in Singapore has got me partly averse to crowd, so any place away from civilization is always a pleaser.
Why, having a private island all to yourself? Hell yeah!
As superficial as I may sound, I was looking forward to ambling along the spine jetties of these Maldives luxury hotels, having the salty air between my hair and my dress dancing to the wind.
As you browse through the list of resorts in the Maldives that I’ve listed below, you’ll find that not all resorts have exorbitant rates – you may still get a chance to stay in an overwater villa or a beach villa without having to pay $1000 a night, depending on where you look.
If you are looking for a way to travel on a budget in Maldives, it’s possible! You just have to stay on a local island, like Maafushi, and that was exactly what my boyfriend and I did when we were there in January.
While most of the Maldives’ resorts attract honeymooners, there is also a surprising number of travellers that come here for a family vacation.
No matter where you stay, the views will still be wondrous, and the underwater life spectacular. Even if you aren’t too keen on diving, don’t miss out on snorkelling. Most hotels, not to mention resorts, provide snorkelling gear at no cost to you.
The prices of rooms per night that I’ve listed below act as a reference point and are calculated based on off peak periods.
Travel tip: travel during off peak periods!
That’s when you can make the most of the Maldives’ hotel deals. Prices can be slashed by up to half! Find out when the off peak periods are.
- 17 of some of the Dreamiest Maldives Resorts and Overwater Villas!
- 1. aaaVeee Nature’s Paradise
- 2. Amari Havodda Maldives
- 3. Amilla Beach Villa Residences
- 4. Angsana Ihuru Resort
- 5. Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru Resort
- 6. Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa
- 7. Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
- 8. Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives
- 9. COMO Cocoa Island
- 10. Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- 11. Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort
- 12. Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
- 13. Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
- 14. Sun Aqua Vilu Reef
- 15. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- 16. The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Luxury Resort
- 17. Vakarufalhi Island Resort
- I bet you'll like:
17 of some of the Dreamiest Maldives Resorts and Overwater Villas!
1. aaaVeee Nature’s Paradise
2. Amari Havodda Maldives
3. Amilla Beach Villa Residences
4. Angsana Ihuru Resort
5. Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru Resort
6. Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa
7. Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
8. Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives
9. COMO Cocoa Island
10. Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
11. Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort
12. Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
13. Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
14. Sun Aqua Vilu Reef
15. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
16. The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Luxury Resort
17. Vakarufalhi Island Resort
I know, these hotels are nice to dream of living, but let’s be realistic. Most of us would love to visit the Maldives, but spend within a budget and live in more affordable hotels. Try some of these latest hotel deals out:
Prices are accurate as of 15 Mar 2017.
Pin this for future use:
Read the rest of my Maldives posts:
- Maldives on a Budget – I Spent Less Than $1000 on my 5D5N Maldives Holiday!
- Everything You Need To Know About Maafushi, Maldives
- COMO Cocoa Island, Maldives – Hotel Review
- Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives – Hotel Review
- Outrigger Konotta Maldives – Hotel Review